Owning a Home is Still The Dream.
Owning a Home is Still the American Dream
Despite the effects of the Great Recession, people still love their homes and think they’re a good investment.
- 81% of adults surveyed believe buying a home is the best long-term investment a person can make.
- 80% of adults surveyed see homeownership as a very important long-term financial goal.
- 81% of renters would like to own a home in the future.
- 54% of first-time homebuyers bought because they were tired of renting.
- 96% of homeowners are happy with their decision to own.